on the road with CURIOUS GEORGE

The cast of CURIOUS GEORGE tells tales of travel.

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Lincolndale, NY.

It's already begun! I have no idea where we were, today! And I DROVE us there.
Okay, just checked the itinerary: Lincolndale, NY (about an hour north of NYC), at the Primrose Elementary School. (Sounds snooty, doesn't it? They weren't, very nice, normal group of students and teachers. Although the kids kept yelling "NO!" when the Mayor asks "Is everybody happy?" What's up with that? What have kindergardners have to be UNhappy about? Property taxes? I don't think so.)

We started the day by meeting at the garage (at 125th Street) where the vans live at night... call time: 6:00am. Which meant I was in my car at 5:15; which meant I woke up at ...4:45? Yes, I think that was about right. OUCH.

So at 6:00am we started our day. It's interesting to see what everyone is like at that hour. Greg was passed out in the back of the van; Tim and Paul stayed awake and talked to me while I drove one van, and Laura drove the other.

It was beautiful and snowy up in Lincolndale; and oh, yes, and let's not forget... icy! After load-in, Patrick took the passenger van to the parking lot, pulled into a spot, went to back up and straighten himself out... and oops! ...wheels spinning, van not moving! So before we could go to lunch, we had to dig our van out of the ice. Paul sustained our first cast injury from falling on the ice, while he was trying to break up the stuff under the wheels. (Nothing major; just cut his finger. BUT, blood has been SPILT!) Everyone took turns taking out agressions on the ice, with a tire iron. Brianna, Greg, Tim and I ended up pushing the van out of the ice, with P-trick at the wheel.

The shows were brilliant; the kids were very responsive. They laughed and applauded a lot, which is always cool. They especially loved it when "George" (Paul) shook his butt; and they went CRAZY for the chase scenes (it's like kiddie crack).

On the drive home, Laura (driving the cargo van) failed to see that the highway speed dropped to 45 MPH in a construction zone; when I stopped keeping up with her, she was doing 80. I let her go ahead when I realized that I don't think Theatreworks would pay for it if I were to get a speeding ticket. Luckily, no fuzz... and we made good time getting home.

Just one more day this week doing local shows-- after Thursday's show, we drive north and stay up there (ME, MA, NH) for a whole week. Mmm... I should think about packing, maybe.

More insanity tomorrow!

1 Comments:

At 5:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The description of my driving habits/speeding have been greatly exaggerated... :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home