on the road with CURIOUS GEORGE

The cast of CURIOUS GEORGE tells tales of travel.

Thursday, May 04, 2006

(written en route to) Cleveland, OH

Right now, we're on I-80 somewhere in Illinois. We're just past where you'd head north to go to Chicago on 95. Greg is driving (lord, help us) and listening to "Dirty Rotten Scoundrels: the musical". Lunch at Bob Evan's... Paul ordered biscuits and a bowl -- yes, a BOWL -- of sausage gravy. It made me feel all weird and wiggly inside... not in a good way, either. I averted my eyes. I told him this morning, (as he purchased five Krispy Kreme donuts at the Largest Truckstop in the World) that no one would ever look at him and think he eats the way he does. Unless they watched him do ten shows a week, like we do -- trust me, he sweats more and works harder than most NHL forwards.

Well, dear readers, as our tour comes to a close, I just wanted to say "thanks" for being out there. It's been awesome to think that someone (other than my mom and dad) can stomach my pathetic attempts at word-herding, sometimes as often as twice a week. Makes a girl's heart sing. We still have shows in NY/NJ until June, and perhaps I'll keep writing until the bitter end. But just in case I lose the mojo, I just wanted to say... thanks fer readin'. Without you guys, I'm just some crazy bitch out in the middle of nowhere writing nonsense, then hitting "publish" every ten seconds.

We drove past both Brooklyn, Iowa AND Brooklyn, Ohio today. Oh, Midwest... how you TEASE me...

We'll be in New York SO SOON!

2 Comments:

At 10:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh don't kid yourself, you are a crazy bitch no matter where you go! I would be too if I lived with Stinky McGee every night of the week! Enjoy that single!!! :-)

 
At 10:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

PS.

No Sleep Till Brooklyn!!! (It's on the Soundtrack)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home