on the road with CURIOUS GEORGE

The cast of CURIOUS GEORGE tells tales of travel.

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Fairfax, VA.
Two show day -- exhausting! Good day, though. The venue (George Mason University) was great; there was a crew there to meet us, and they helped us unload (we love that); we even had LIGHT and everything. (A few shows ago, out on Long Island... there was no front light, to speak of. There were lights shining directly down, but nothing to light faces from the house... it was REEAALLY special. The guy there just turned on half the board and walked away.)

But here we are in Fairfax, and all went splendidly at the venue this morning. We're staying at the Comfort Inn -- there's a POOL and a WORKOUT CENTER... it's been grand. We all hit the pool yesterday, after our drive from NYC. I can still taste the chlorine in the back of my throat. YAY! Although, no hot tub, damn it. Well, when you're used to the Super 8, this place is a luxury hotel. If they give you cookies, and the door to your room doesn't open to the parking lot, you're in swanky-town.

Oh-- and just want to give a shout-out to Michael and Jeremy, and anyone else from Theatreworks who's reading this... hAY! I didn't expect that Thwks would find out about our little operation, this little blog... but I'm glad that you have. Now it's all out in the open. While we ARE teaching the young Briana a bunch of nasty, dirty words, we are NOT allowing her to drink, or go to bars, etc. So... if ludeness is against company rules, I'm handing in my Card!

Briana's education today: "dickfer"

Oh, and it has come to my attention that some of my recent posts have read "like a Hallmark card", according to SOME people (you know who you are). WELL, you know what... SCREW YOU GUYS, I'M GOING HOME...

But, in an effort to keep our current readership, in the future, I shall restrict my blogging to regailing you all with stories of drinking, rioting, events of a humorous nature, and none of the future posts will contain anything with words longer than... (h.u.m.o.r.o.u.s.) 8 letters long. I won't even use the word humorous, anymore. From now on, it's either FUNNY, or it's NOT. Perhaps now I'll be discovered by Maxum, or Cosmo, or some other literary giant, and be paid truckloads of money to write for THEM...

Pictures to come...

2 Comments:

At 8:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Michael sent around an email about your blog and I have to say keep up the brief mention of the hotel stays. Laura is really good about telling me everything, but it's also good to hear it from an actor as well. Oh- I book your hotels for you. Sleep tight ;)

 
At 9:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm... Cartman, The D, what other twisted humor do we have in common? "Respect my A-Thor-A-Tay!!!"

Lindsey is our hero.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home