on the road with CURIOUS GEORGE

The cast of CURIOUS GEORGE tells tales of travel.

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Hey there! Briana here!

(see Cara's previous post below first!)

Ah-hem indeed: Everyone was hung over, Except for me =) I went home earlier with Ma and Pa Gorden.

Mrs. Gorden took me to Cavender's Boot City, where I bought awesome cowboy boots ("dancing boots" so I am told) and a hat Mrs. Gorden most skillfully selected in one shot. I'm a kicker, y'all! And I got, and gave, a hat tippin' "Howdy!" from an old Aggie at Chicken Oil last night. As we left Mrs. Gorden remarked she was glad I got hit on- I was "the only one he noticed!'' And, now, of course, everyone wants boots. Who doesn't want the attention of portly old men in felt cowboy hats?

Anyway, all of Greg's folks are just the best. It really is nice to be in a home, just to have that lovely vibe, and to be around friendly interesting people in a casual setting! And I must echo Cara's sentiments, that Texas truly is a state with which one should not mess. And that this show ROCKS- it's always evolving, and draws the best audiences you could ever dream of- not to mention that it's a great cardio blast!

In other news, the van needed a $1500 makeover- air conditioning, new steering somethingrather that is apparently a very big dangerous deal (no, Laura, I readily admit that am not a mechanic), and something else I can't remember. Lucky for us we have discovered these problems before getting stranded somewhere in the desert to draw straws on who walks to the next city. However, it adds several hours to our driving for the next couple of days because we had to leave it in College Station and will pick it up after Dallas, which stinks, but Hello overtime!! We're renting a real luxury vehicle for now, with working AC and--- get this---- POWER WINDOWS. "Dang!"

Also, Blue Bell cookies and cream ice cream is the Best, just FYI.

In summation, Hats off (I couldn't resist) to Greg and his peeps!!! Howdy, woohoo!!!-or whatever those Aggies say.

Love,

Briana

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home